Buy the Book
By Bobbi Carducci
** Very Good
**** Reviewer’s Choice
As one who has loved books since first learning to read I am delighted to have found one written to encourage kids to read more. Written by Emma Wilton Hamilton, “daughter of legendary actress and author Julie Andrews, this book offers over 150 creative strategies, recommendations, resources and tactics to engage even the most reluctant reader.”
I firmly believe that the kids who don’t read are the ones who have yet to encounter the first one to capture their imagination. And they are out there. Every child has a fantasy, a skill or an interest about which they would love to learn more. The key is to find it. You will have a much better chance at doing so with the wonderful resource in hand. Employ a few of the techniques she mentions and let me know how it goes.
- “Daniel Radcliffe Is A Bookworm!” and related posts (posh24.com)
- Golden Bookworm Gowns – The Golden Book Gown is Made Up of Illustrations from Classic Kids’ Books (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Bookworms Rejoice! LA Times Festival of Books is Almost Here (laist.com)
- The Children’s Book Comes to Life Electronically. Should We Be Alarmed? (nytimes.com)
- The Very Hungry Bookworm (kissiwah.wordpress.com)
- Bookworm (dorememberthis.wordpress.com)
Young dog and cat lovers will enjoy my book for young readers: Storee Wryter Gets A Dog. Even reluctant readers are saying the like the Critique, the cat-with-attitude who helps teach a young puppy new tricks.