Who is at fault if we dont’ submit our best work?
As a writer who is traditionally published who also has a book coming out that was published by a non traditional publisher and who writes book reviews professionally, I find the rant by an author against a reviewer on Big Al’s Books and Pals blog appalling and sadly indicative of why it’s so hard for self published writers to earn respect. Please weigh in with your thoughts on this very timely subject.
What do you think of the author’s behavior?
What would you do if you read a less than favorable review of your book?
Is it ever a good idea to argue with a reviewer?
What can be learned from this exchange?
- How not to handle bad reviews (guardian.co.uk)
- Authors, Professionalism, and the Tantrum Heard ‘Round the World (eulana.wordpress.com)
- Author Meltdowns Are Very Entertaining (slog.thestranger.com)
- Things You Shouldn’t Do/Say After a Review (alwayscoffee.wordpress.com)
- Authors & Other Authors (What Should We Expect?) (selfpubauthors.wordpress.com)
- The Hangover Two Aspirin Won’t Cure (barbaratyler.wordpress.com)