I hope you are too. If you see me please introduce yourself. I won’t be hard to miss.
On April 9th I will become a member of The Knights of the Bald Table, as a volunteer shavee at the St. Baldrick’s fundraiser in Dulles, VA.
That’s right. I have agreed to have my head shaved to raise money to fund cancer research for diseases affecting children. To learn more about the event click here.
Not only am I able to honor my mother, who passed away from Non -Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in 2008, and help sick kids but I will have a great story to tell as well.
At the Conference:
If your writing interests include memoirs and/or publishing family stories sign up for my two-day workshop titled, A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words.
Part 1 – Friday, May 13th, 1:30 -2:30 PM
Part 2 – Sunday, May 15th, 9:15 -10:15 AM
- Collingswood Firefighters St. Baldrick Event (gloucestercitynews.net)
- St. Baldrick’s – Participant – ShadowFax (gruntdoc.com)
- Two Weeks to St Baldricks! (allbleedingstops.blogspot.com)
- Roxbury students, school staff shave their heads to raise money for cancer research (nj.com)
- St. John’s Students Shave Their Heads for St. Baldrick’s (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Help Conquer Kids’ Cancer With Spark Energy Chicago (makingtimeformommy.com)
- Anything for the cause? (onechaoticsoul.wordpress.com)
- CARMINE APPICE To Join SIN CITY SINNERS For Las Vegas Childhood Cancer Benefit (bravewords.com)